It’s that time of year again! Time to plan for your security assessment. There are a few things you need to get into place now to insure that you will be able to have your security assessment completed by the end of the year. Here are a few tips:
Plan For Your Security Assessment
- First thing to do is to schedule it! You want to get on the calendar asap. They book up fast since all medical practices need to have the HIPAA security assessment completed by the end of the year.
- Contact your IT company and ask them what they need to do to assist you.
- Re-review last years assessment so you know what to expect.
- Schedule your HIPAA training, as that will be required.
- Train your staff. Of course, this is a major requirement of your security assessment.
Review your Cybersecurity
Security risk assessments have changed. It’s not just looking for vulnerabilities, but making sure you have the proper measures in place to avoid a cyber or ransomware attack. Cyber attacks are ransomware attacks are HIPAA breaches and are just as important as any other measures you take to secure your network. Plus, it is very costly. Think about it. How much is downtime? Can you even put a price on it?
If you have not implemented your cybersecurity defense, it is not too late! Contact Tier3MD today and schedule time with one of our Security Consultants.