Best Medical IT Support for your Practice
Choosing the best IT Support for your practice is not something that should be taken lightly. IT support is the hub of your practice. Everything technical should go through the IT department before it is brought into the practice. I once worked with a medical practice that bought a brand new imaging system without the knowledge of the IT department. They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on the new system. They never considered a back up plan, and how they were going to store the images. The storage ended up costing almost as much at the entire system!
So what do you need to know when choosing the best IT support for your practice? Just a few tips:
1. Price counts, but it doesn’t mean everything. Look for the value.
2. Make sure they have experience in your specialty. Especially if you do imaging, x-rays, etc.
3. Do they have experience working with your EMR? Can they provide good references for you to contact?
4. How long have they been in business? Are they stable?
5. What is their experience with HIPAA? Are they willing to sign a BAA?
These are just a few suggestions when choosing the best IT support for your practice. Your IT provider is more than a vendor. They are your partner. They should be there for you at all times to help your staff and physicians work efficiently. A good IT company will be suggesting new technology and negotiating vendor contracts. There is much more to IT support than just fixing computers. Take your time and choose wisely. There are some really good IT companies out there. You just have to do your homework.
For more information contact email@example.com