Score your IT Support
Have you ever attempted to score your IT support? If not, take this quick quiz to see if you are getting good support, great support, or substandard support.
- Do they respond to emergencies in 1 hour or less?
- Are they easy to reach and responsive when you need them for non-emergencies?
- Do they offer an on-going maintenance program to keep critical security settings and patches up-to-date?
- Do they offer a monitoring system to watch over your network 27/7 for developing problems?
- Do they proactively offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
- Do they provide detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
- Do they explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand?
- Do they complete projects on time?
- Do they follow up on your requests quickly?
- Do they offer any guarantees on their services?
- Do they arrive on time and dress professionally?
- Do they have other technicians on staff who are familiar with your network in case your regular technician goes on vacation or gets sick?
- Do their technicians maintain current vendor certifications and participate in on-going training?
- Do you feel as though they are learning on your time?
- Do they seem constantly rushed?
- Do they take calls from other clients while working on your network (and on your dime)?
- Do they listen to you?
- Are they adamant about backing up your network and having a disaster recovery plan in place?
- Do they offer to meet with you regularly to review your business plans, your network status, and their own performance in supporting your company?
- Do you have to manage their progress on projects, or do they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and e-mails?
- Do their projects always end up costing more and taking longer than you expected?
- Do they offer flat-rate or fixed-fee project quotes, or do they give themselves a wide open playing field with “time and materials”?
If you did not answer YES to all of these questions, you may be getting substandard IT support.
Contact us today!