Happy 10th anniversary to Tier3MD! I can’t believe that it has been 10 years already. October 1, 2005, was the date of my first invoice to my first client. Fast forward 10 years and we are still going strong! It seems when you have an anniversary, it makes you take a look back through the years, and remember all the fine moments…and not so fine moments. It makes me thing…IT Support. Then and Now. Do you remember what it was like in 2005? I sure do!
- Pc’s were around $1800 – $2000 a piece. I could walk in an office and fix the PC (yes, I used to do that myself) spend three hours, and walk out with a check for $300 plus travel.
- We used to have to go onsite to install a printer
- The internet was 56K with a phone line and modem. I had a T1 line in my house. It was expensive, but I was COOL!
- Laptops were around $3000,
- No Cloud of course.
- Floppy disks were the storage of choice
- EMR’s were expensive, and not that I reflect…hard to use.
- Apple’s were for geeks and people who just wanted to be different.
- Not everyone had a PC in their house
- No one paid attention to HIPAA security
- Doctors made a lot of money
- I would rather tell someone to go get a new computer than charge them $300 to fix it.
- We can use one of many remote tools to connect in to install a printer, saving practices tons of money, and doing the job much faster.
- The internet is blazing fast!!
- Almost everyone uses a cloud in some capacity, whether it be email, backup, web based apps, etc.
- What is a floppy disk? There are actually kids growing up today who never heard of them!
- Everyone has a PC in their house…ok, almost everyone.
- Medical practices are well aware of HIPAA security
- Doctors make a lot less money! 🙁
I feel very fortunate to have been in business for 10 years, and to have our business continue to grow like it has. I can’t wait to blog this same article in 2025!
Thank you Tier3MD current and future customers for your support!