Is your home WiFi up to Par? Have you ever checked it? You are paying your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for a high speed internet connection, but are you getting it? Your Wifi may be bringing you down. If you want to test your internet connection, go to the Speed Test site and give it a go. You may find that you have a 100mb internet connection, but your download speed is only 30mb. If this is the case, what do you do?
- Swap out your wireless router
- Move your device closer to the wireless router
- Check the device you are using. It may be a slow PC or laptop
What if your connection keeps dropping? I see this one all the time. Even at my home! What should you do if this is happening?
- Check your PC or laptop and make sure that is not causing the problem.
- Check your wireless card if it is external
- Reboot your modem or router.
Wifi has gotten faster and faster over the years and has improved dramatically. I’m not a fan of range extenders but if you have a large area you want to cover, you may consider getting one of those.
Is your WiFi up to Par in the Office?
If you are having problems in your medical practice, it could be a few different things.
- Where is your access point placed?
- Do you have lead walls?
- Are you too far from the access point?
- Is it the PC or Laptop that is the problem?
Our helpdesk constantly gets called for wireless issues. I can’t say it’s one thing. There are many variables that go onto getting a good, solid wifi connection. I think having a good understanding of some of the steps you can take is always helpful. You can always call Tier3MD if you are having problems!
Is your wifi up to par?