When taking on the cyber world, you have cybersecurity considerations you need to be aware of. Below are a few tips to keep your practice safe.
- Can you handle the cybersecurity on your own? Can it be handled in house or do you need to outsource it?
- Does it make sense to handle it in house? What is the cost to outsource your securuity?
- Look for a good consultant who is knowledgeable about small medical offices and contract them on an “as needed” basis.
- Make sure you password protect all your mobile devices.
- Encrypt sensitive data using a password.
- Use strong passwords or pass phrases and change them on a regular basis.
- Use secure networks as opposed to public networks like Starbucks, etc.
- Avoid public WiFi and use a VPN is available.
- Store encrypted data securely in the cloud.
- Have good, solid backups. This probably be number one.
Cybersecurity considerations should be at the forefront of your mind. Having good policies and procedure in place, and taking necessary precautions can save you. Be aware of what is going on, and be aware of your vulnerabilities. Hire professional help. It’s not that expensive, especially when you put that cost up against the cost of a disaster. Think about it. How much can downtime really cost you?
Tier3MD is an IT support group for medical practices