The Pink Cork
On May 10, 2014, Tier3MD will open its doors to the Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition’s annual Pink Cork Event. Tickets are $25 online, and $30 at the door. Each year, GBCCF puts on a spectacular wine-tasting and silent auction event. The catering is done by Tastee Pleasures and the wine is from One Hope winery. Click Here to purchase tickets.
About Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition
To educate local, state and national legislators and the public about all aspects of this devastating disease: the importance of early detection, lifestyle changes, treatment and research;
To advocate at the state and national levels for increased breast cancer research funding, health care reform and breast cancer legislation that will be of benefit to all; and
To serve as Georgia’s VOICE to END Breast Cancer!
- GBCCF has worked tirelessly to eradicate breast cancer throughout its storied history.
- We advocate in the Georgia General Assembly to ensure funds continue to be appropriated for breast cancer research and treatment.
- We partner with other organizations and coalitions to protect insurance provisions for breast cancer patients and hold our legislators accountable.
- We sponsor advocacy workshops to arm citizen advocates with essential tools to impact breast cancer-focused legislative and public policy issues at the state and national levels.
- GBCCF hosts targeted education workshops statewide to teach women about breast health, common myths and misconceptions about the disease and warning signs.
- We maintain an Advocacy Alert Network to respond quickly to legislative issues that impact access to medical treatment for those diagnosed with breast cancer and research funding for a cure.
- Each year, we bring together a group of Georgians to visit Capitol Hill and discuss with Georgia’s Congressman the importance of legislation that impact breast cancer patients.
For nearly 20 years, GBCCF has been a leader in state and national legislative advocacy efforts. Founded in January 1994, by three breast cancer survivors, GBCCF has worked tirelessly to eradicate breast cancer, advocating in the Georgia General Assembly to ensure funds were, and continue to be appropriated for breast cancer research and treatment. GBCCF has also sponsored countless advocacy workshops and educational forums to empower more than 7,500 citizen advocates throughout Georgia to join the fight against this devastating disease!
- In 1994, GBCCF was instrumental in funds becoming available through BreasTest & More, a program funding breast and cervical cancer screenings under Medicaid in Georgia.
- GBCCF advocated in the Georgia General Assembly to ensure funds were appropriated for the Georgia Women’s Health Medicaid Program, providing treatment for underinsured and uninsured women diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer. During the 2012, Legislative session this program was in danger due to a deep budget cuts. GBCCF quickly responded and mobilized its Advocacy Alert Network. The budget passed, including Grant-in-Aid for our county health departments where the program is housed.
- GBCCF supported the Georgia Tax-Check-Off Bill, funding breast cancer research. More than $1 million has been contributed.
- In 1999, GBCCF advocated to enact a bill that gave the decision regarding length of hospital stay following a mastectomy or lymph node dissection to the doctor in consultation with the patient.
- GBCCF collaborated with other breast cancer groups to enact Georgia’s breast cancer license plate, which funds the Indigent Care Trust Fund.
- GBCCF has empowered more than 7,500 citizen advocates throughout Georgia to join the fight against this devastating disease!