Tier3MD offers an many HIPAA services, including an extensive HIPAA Security Risk Assessment for every type of practice. Are you covered? Do you have Business Associate Agreements, Policies and Procedures, Disaster Recovery Plans, Business Continuity Plans or Network documentation easily accessible in case you need it? Have you done any HIPAA training with your staff? These are just a few of the questions you need to ask to find out if you are HIPAA compliant. If you said “no” to any of these questions, you are not yet fully prepared. But don’t panic! We are here to help you.
Tier3MD has done many HIPAA Security Assessments, including practices that are 1-2 Doctors, 4-5 locations, and 20+ locations. We have the experience to get it done. Our thorough assessment will make sure you have all you need in order to help prevent a HIPAA breach. We want to make sure you have a full understanding of what it takes to become HIPAA compliant, and to be able to secure your electronic patient health information.
Keep in mind these handy tips.
1. Understand the deadlines and move to compliance. With this information, you could avoid fines, and possibly be eligible for Government incentives.
2. Understand exactly what your practice needs to be compliant, and move toward those requirements.
3. Prioritize your compliance activities. Evaluate your current office practices by conducting a gaps analysis/risk assessment.
4. Educate your employees. Conduct proper HIPAA training awareness sessions on a regular basis, and with new employees.
5. Learn as much as you can from trusted sources. Ask the right questions and act upon any issues you think are necessary to become HIPAA compliant.
We also offer HIPAA training.